Thursday, July 3, 2008

They New Exactly What They Were Doing

Hello, we are fast approaching the 4th and all the festivities that go along with it. We really enjoy ourselves on this holiday. The food, the fire works and the family what a day. I usually eat to much and lay around in misery and listen to I told you so’s.

I had the privilege of teaching two quarters in our adult Sunday School class on the subject of our Christian Heritage. So I generally think about those who made this day so special. They really put a lot on the line for our freedom that we enjoy today. Have you ever thought about, precisely what they did on the 4th of July, 1776. Some would say they were committing suicide, some would say they were about two bricks shy a full load, Put I would strongly suggest that they new something that England and her king didn’t know. There is an insight to there act from the quote below.

As the Declaration of Independence was being signed, 1776, Samuel Adams declared:

"We have this day restored the Sovereign to Whom all men ought to be obedient. He reigns in heaven and from the rising to the setting of the sun, let His kingdom come."

I truly believe that these men new in their heart that God would see them through, and He did. If you search the journals of those who were in the war for independence you would find many instances where a Provincial Hand supplied and guided their destiny. I would suggest you look into my post for Monday, June 23, 2008 and read the words of Benjamin Franklin.

Our Founding Fathers New Their Bible – Do We?

I have read many stories of God’s hand delivering the soldiers during their time of need. It was an amazing time and a fruitful one.

I will share my all time favorite quote by Patrick Henry.

Patrick Henry once stated:

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."

They new exactly what they were doing and they trusted God for the victory.
God Bless America

Sleep safe my friend.

For all is well down on the farm.

The Old Farmer

No comments: