Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who Do You Trust, A known, Or An Unknown?

Hello, As I sit and ponder the candidates we have to chose from, I become a little troubled.

On one hand we have a very old man with a long history. He has been documented and is who he says he is. He has suffered greatly at the hands of his captors during the war. He has been left with a damaged body but his spirit seems in tack and his outlook is positive. He has made some mistakes that he does not seem to try to dodge. He has been up front with most of the things that concern me. But, it still troubles me when he seems to bypass our Constitution. Yet I truly believe he would lay down his life for his country. He is a true patriot and a man's man. His hand picked running mate is everything I could ask for in a politician. I believe that she will do great things for our country and be well remembered. That is John McCain and Sarah Palin.

On the other hand, we have a very young man with a short history. He has not been documented. I can find a lot of allusions as to where he has come from. But I still do not have a clue as to where that might be. He seems to have an aversion to the military and has on occasions side steeped any contact with them. On July the second, in a speech he gave he said if he is elected, he would start a Civilian Security Force with the same power as the military. This goes beyond scary to down right nightmarish. He seems more than ready to spend money as fast as he can get his hands on it. One of my concerns is that there are people who are calling him the Messiah and they believe he is. They have web sites to this affect with a very large following. Even in the U.S. congress one member from Tennessee said, he was a community organizer like Jesus Christ. People the Lord Jesus Christ was not a community organizer because He was a little bit busy saving the world and gaining a throne. But my concern is that, Barack Hussein Obama has never put a stop to this and set the record straight. I have never heard him say, you should not say things like that. There is only one Messiah and that is Jesus Christ Himself. As far as I can tell he has been silent on this matter. I wonder why? He has chosen for his running mate Senator Joe Biden who will be remembered for this now infamous line, "stand up Chuck so the people can see ya." This is not what you say to a man in a wheel chair.

In the early history of our country the preachers would preach election day sermons. They would preach God's criteria on what a public servant should be like and then the people would prayerfully cast their votes. I wish this would come back in style. May God bless America.

All is well down on the farm.

The Old Farmer

No comments: