Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where's Global Warming When You Need It

Good evening to all. Today is June 17, but it feels more like November 17. I was out cultivating corn and I swear I could see my breath. By the time I got done and in the house I looked like the ghost of Winter past. Boy was I cold and on top of all that it was raining just a bit so needless to say I was very cold.

Now I am not a supporter of global warming. I strongly believe that the temperature rising and falling goes in cycles and other things. One statistic that is not batted around much is that the average temperature has not gone up since 1998. In fact there are scientists that are saying we should prepare for another ice age. I really loved the movies. Maybe that little what's his nuts can finally get his acorn, I'd help. I am just that kind of guy. But seriously, I strongly suspect there is an ulterior motive for all the uprising going on. There's always reasons behind people that seem to want to save the world with hands on control. I am not going to throw names out here, but who would want to be president of the USA, when they could hold out for king of the world.

All I know is when it's hotter than a popcorn fart, they say it's global warming. When it's so cold you can't see past your nose because it's all iced up, they say it's global warming. When it rains to much, they say it's global warming. When it doesn't rain enough, they say it's global warming. They haven't said that earth quakes are caused by global warming yet, but give them time.

Now I freely confess that I am a Christian and I believe in the bible. I also read it with regularity. It tells me that there will be a time coming when earth quakes will increase in numbers and severity. It says that there will be changes in the climate and it will be severe, and these things will be like birth pains, if you don't know what that means hunt down a woman that has had a few kids and she will gladly explain it to you. It also tells me that God himself is in control of all things, including the climate. All I am saying here is that when you pick up a book and read where it says certain things are going to happen and the events read like front page news you sort of take notice. Cheer up I already read the ending and the good news of being saved. You can win!

Well it is time for me to get my beauty sleep, I need all I can get.
Sleep tight, sleep save my friend.

For all is well down on the farm.

The Old Farmer

No comments: