Friday, April 24, 2015

Remembering Who Done What



For the excitement of the reader, a complicated story can help. As long as it stays consistent with the theme and the characters that are telling the story. There must be a foundation point that all can draw from, and as for me, the writer of the story a place to keep the events and happenings secure. I find that a map can keep everything in its place. A quote from J.R.R. Tolkien, “If you’re going to have a complicated story, you must work to a map; otherwise you can never make a map of it afterwards.” Working with a map helps me to remember events and happenings by seeing where they happened. I visualize the setting and the surroundings of the event with my characters. I know intimately the path each character has taken through the story. I often refresh my memories by studying the map and walking each character through his part. 

Check out the map of the kingdom of Archomai.   Map link

No comments: