Saturday, May 2, 2015

Heroes



When I started to write the story Archomai, I set out to write a story that adults would enjoy and find entertaining with the complicated bunny trails that ran in and out of the main story. I also endeavored to make a story that was accessible to the young reader. By that I mean easy to read, and I tried to keep the simplicity of the main theme.

When I received the edited manuscript back from the publishing company, the editor wrote his comments and stated in part, “You have written here a hero.” He was referring to the main character Jeremiah. I must confess that I never gave it a thought of creating a hero when I wrote the book, Archomai, The Prince, The Scepter, And TheShield. I took the character of Jeremiah from a real person, and that person, like Jeremiah at the beginning of the book is confined. I know now in my heart that I considered this young man a hero and that is why, subconsciously, I created a hero in the main character Jeremiah. That is a good thing, because we all need to have heroes. Even heroes need to have heroes.

I think I would like to look into heroes a little deeper the next time.

No comments: