Saturday, May 31, 2008

Technology And The Old Farmer

 When I was young on the farm, I started driving horses to do the field work. As things changed so did the equipment we used. From horses to tractors and so on. But as I think about my last encounter with new technology (feedburner.com). I am amazed at what you can do on the internet. We have a farm website http://www.clineandsonsfarm.com that has links to a bunch of e-books, some I have written. We have a photo gallary that has over (500) pictures in it. There is even a link to our founding documents and quotes from our founding fathers. This is a long way from those horses I was telling you about.
 
In the old days you mostly worked alone. We always had good neighbors, but they too were busy working their farms. You generally saw your neighbors at church on Sundays or at prayer meetings. Sometimes you would get together for weddings, birthdays, funerals, or doing very large projects that required every hand to pitch in. They were times to share your thoughts and ideas with them. And to see what was happening in the area. BUT NOW, I am writing on my computer in my e-mail program that will be sent to my blog site and published automatically. It also will be syndicated to who know were. The first telephone I saw was hanging on a wall and you had to crank it up to get it to work. And now, WOW!
 
It is a great time to be alive. All is well down on the farm.
 
The Old Farmer
 

No comments: